Attributed to John Watson (1685-1768)
Oil on canvas
48 1/2 H x 39 W
This portrait descended in the Van Rensselaer Family to Eugene Van Rensselaer (fourteenth patroon) and then to his daughter, Elizabeth Kennedy Van Rensselaer (Mrs. Carroll) Fraser. It was acquired from Mrs. Fraser by Benjamin Walworth Arnold of Albany and subsequently inherited by Mr. Arnold and his daughter, the donor, Dorothy Arnold Cogswell
Gift of Mrs. Ledyard Cogswell, Jr.