Rutger Jacobsen Window

Attributed to Evert Duyckinck (1621-about 1702) Maker
1656 Date:
Stained glass and lead inset in wood frame Materials
26 H x 20 9/16 W Dimensions

Painted inscription on lower panels: RVTGER IACOBSEN COMMiSSARiS / 1656

Marks
Exchange with Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute Credit
1984.22 Accession number

This is one of at least five heraldic windows from the Reformed Protestant Dutch church in Beverwyck (now Albany), erected in 1656. The windows were transferred to a new church in 1715 and returned to donor's descendents when that building was razed in 1806. Rutger Jacobsen Van Schoenderwoert, or Van Woert, paid for this window. He also laid the cornerstone for the 1656 church.

Additional comments

Go back