ADVANCE TICKET SALES ARE NOW CLOSED. TICKETS MAY BE PURCHASED AT THE DOOR.
This fun, regional craft beer tasting is a fundraiser for the Albany Institute of History & Art and it's an opportunity for the community to see brewing and distilling artifacts from the museum's collection, hear from industry experts, and receive a commemorative glass.
This year, we're toasting to the bicentennial of the groundbreaking of the original Erie Canal!
Participating brewers: (as of April 6, 2017)
Brown's Brewing Company
Clemson Bros. Brewery
Green Wolf Brewing Company
Rip Van Winkle Brewery
The Beer Diviner
Special Events in the Key Cultural Center
4:15PM: Welcome: Tammis Groft, AIHA Executive Director
4:30PM: History of Schaefer Brewing: William M. Schaefer of F. & M. Schaefer Brewing Company will present a short history of his family business, with an emphasis on the Albany operation.
5PM: IPA Tasting Competition: The best IPAs in the Hudson and Mohawk Valleys will be selected in a blind taste test!
Master of Ceremonies: Steve Barnes, Albany Times Union restaurant critic
Beer Marshall: Gregory Giorgio
- Tess Collins, McGeary's Irish Pub
- Kevin Tighe, longtime beer manager at New World Bistro and Bar, now poised to open Tighe's Bistro Americain
- Dimitrios Menagias, Executive Chef of The City Beer Hall
6:30PM: The People's Choice Awards Announced
4-7PM Activities in the Atrium and Rice House
- Special Invitation: Irish Red Ale
- Chatham Brewery from Chatham, New York
- Brown's Brewery from Troy, New York in collaboration with Bill Newman
- Adirondack Brewery from Lake George, New York
- Listen to the songs of George E. Ward, designated balladeer of the Erie Canal
- Indulge in sample brews from our participating brewers
- Enjoy a special exhibition of historic, beer-related advertisements, broadsides, and signs from the museum's collection on display in the Rice House
- Savor tasty treats from The Healthy Cafe
Register online or call (518) 463-4478 ext. 412
In advance: $35 non-members/ $30 members
At door: $40 non-members/ $35 members
New World Bistro
Mr. & Mrs. William Schaefer
Special thanks to:
Martin, Harding, & Mazzotti
Free cab rides home courtesy of Martin, Harding, & Mazzotti
If you don't have a designated driver, simply call 1800-LAW-1010 (1-800-529-1010). Enjoy Hudson Valley Hops- have a good time and please drink and drive responsibly.