The embossed mark on the paper (lower right), indicates the paper was sold by William Schaus, Sr., the owner and founder of Schaus Gallery in New York. Schaus Gallery operated as art dealers and suppliers. William Schaus arrived in New York City in 1848 as an agent and representative of Goupil & Co., art dealers and suppliers of artists' materials in Paris, France. In 1852, Schaus established his own art business in New York and anglicized his name from Wilhelm to William.
For more information on Schaus and artists' supplies in the nineteenth century, see Alexander Katlan, "The American Artist's Tools and Materials for On-Site Oil Sketching," Journal of the American Institute for Conservation 38 (Spring 1999): 21–32.