Bring the museum into your classroom through virtual field trips! The Albany Institute of History & Art is offering virtual tours for schools & groups. Available programs include:
- Ancient Egypt: Art and Culture (Grades 3-8)
- Art, Artists, & Nature: the Hudson River School (Grades 4-12)
- Hudson River School STEAM: Art & the Environment (Grades 4-12)
- Traders & Culture: Life in Colonial Albany (Grades 3-8)
Virtual programs are 45 minutes- 1 hour and include an interactive gallery presentation followed by a Question & Answer session. Each program is led by a museum educator who engages students and answers questions in live chat. Post-visit materials will be provided to help extend these programs to meet your curriculum goals.
Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams are currently available.
COST: Virtual field trips are $125 per program. Inquire today by emailing email@example.com.
Please see the online calendar at the bottom of the page for program availability. Program funding may be available; please see details at the bottom of this page.
Attend a virtual field trip on your own time with pre-recorded school tours! Available programs include:
- Ancient Egypt: Art and Culture
- Art, Artists, & Nature: the Hudson River School
- Traders & Culture: Life in Colonial Albany
Each video is 20-30 minutes long and includes presentations by museum educators about a variety of objects within each specific exhibition. Post-visit materials will be provided to help extend these programs to meet your curriculum goals.
FREE: Pre-recorded field trips are offered free of cost. To receive the video link please email Douglas McCombs with the name of your school/organization and the grade/age level you teach at firstname.lastname@example.org.