Scout programs are typically two hours in length, and include:
- Guided tours of selected artworks or artifacts
- Hands-on art activities based on badge, merit badge, or belt loop requirements
Program theme suggestions:
- Brownie Girl Scouts: Potter, and Painting Badges
- Junior Girl Scouts: Drawing, Jeweler, and Playing the Past Badges
- Cadette Girl Scouts: Book Artist Badge
- Cub Scouts: Art Belt Loop, and Art Academic Pin
- Boy Scouts: Art, Drafting, Sculpture, and Painting merit badges
Each program is personalized to your scout group and will utilize the museum's current exhibitions.
Programs are at a $200 rate. The program fee includes up to 14 people, including both scouts and accompanying adults. If your group has more than 14 people, the additional rate per participant is $15/scout and $5/adult. The program fee includes museum admission, personalized private programming, and material costs. Badges and pins are not included with programming. Programs typically occur on Saturday afternoons, but other times may be available as well.
Ready to book a program? Contact Mallory Schultz at 518-463-4478, ext. 404, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current COVID safety adaptations:
- Groups will be limited to 20 participants per program.
- All group program participants are required to wear face masks during their visit to the Albany Institute of History and Art, regardless of their vaccination status.
- In-person tours may be postponed or shifted to virtual programs in the event of changes to COVID-19 cases in New York State or government guidelines relating to COVID-19 social distancing protocol.