Teacher Preparation: View website (see lesson item one, below) prior to lesson
Time required: 40–60 minutes
Materials/Resources: web resources, computer with internet connection and projection capability, or computer lab for independent study
- Go to pbskids.org/bigapplehistory/building/topic1.html
- Read about the Erie Canal.
- Click on the video clip icon.
- Click on the slide show icon. Once you have studied the map, click on Excavation on the bottom left of the map.
- Then go back to the main map, using the back button in the upper-right-hand corner, and click on Aqueducts.
- Go back to the main map and click on History.
- Go back to the main map and click on Locks.